Wednesday 6 April 2011

Spring? It must be time for car boots!



Once the daffodils are out; you know it's time for the car boots to re-start.  I haven't been able to get to the local big one yet; as it is on Saturday morning, when I have been attending fairs.  Cue panic mode as I want more stock for a  number of forthcoming fairs! So I was pleased to find a car boot on Sunday; where I was kindly indulged for my Mother's Day treat.  Sadly, not too much for me there; but I did get a few things:



An old gardening book which was a sunday school prize in 1932, a Penguin book on birdwatching, a couple of vintage tins and some handpainted china.

So I've had to fall back on my trusty charity shops and flea markets for vintage treasures.  Luckily, I have found a few:



A gorgeous Margaret Tarrant nativity print (better put that one away for Christmas!)


A lovely old dinner plate with blossom pattern.



A 3-tier china cake stand.  Strangely, I already have cups, saucers and plates in this pattern!  Isn't it funny how similar things crop up once you have got one.  It's like they find you.  Most recently, it has been china dogs:



And then there is the barbola.  After the fire screen which Ann kindly bought at the Northampton Vintage Fair, I have bought a round dressing table mirror; with a lovely barbola decoration on the top.  But can I photograph it?  Can I heck!  Has anyone got any tips on how to take pictures of a mirror?  My reflecton in it did not improve it's looks.

Hopefully, I will get some of these things up to the Think Vintage and Handmade Fair in Wolverton on Saturday (see the flyer on my sidebar for details).

No comments:

Post a Comment